Monday, August 20, 2012

One step closer to the TULSA STATE FAIR!

We're getting closer to the Tulsa State Fair each day!


The first show of the year, Sooner State, is over.  That doesn't mean the work is finished.

A day or so after the show we got all the girls out and scrubbed them up good with anti-fungal shampoo.  We have to keep an eye out for any suspicious spots that might surface after a show.  Like I've said before, you put a bunch of animals together, and you don't know what they might come home with.  We stocked up on Clorox to bleach all of our wash brushes and stuff.  We've got to make sure they stay healthy.

We adjusted diets to make sure they are getting the right nutrition for their individual body types.  Each one eats a different type or combination of feed.  I rope halter them each day and take them to their own feed pan.  They don't go back together until everyone has made a "happy trough"!  That way I can make sure they are just eating what they are supposed to.  I want to help them develop into the best condition they can each be.  No two animals of mine are the same or even similar.  They are each completely different.  They each get their own special treatment.

County show is less than a month from now.  OKC is shortly after, and the TULSA STATE FAIR is about a week later!  As usual, I will be there even before the fair opens, trying to be a good worker on our aisle in the Expedition Building!  Come by and check us out!  I'll be there with about half a dozen of my dairy teammates, my 4-H advisor, breeder, and of course, my mom.  Who knows how many cattle we'll have.  Last year with Jr. and Open, I think we had about 60 in our aisle!

I wish I could take every one of my girls to show, but I know that can't happen.  I REALLY want to take baby FARA and PRIM, but they are just too little.  I've turned in registration for Juicy, Carmelita, Stopnstare, and Posey.  I want to show Prim and Posey together, but that will have to wait until next year, I guess.

The month of September is going to be CRAZY for me.  Believe it or not, I actually have a lot of other activities besides dairy:  4-H meeting/activities, Rainbow meetings/installation/initiation/activities/trips/dances, maybe student council (if I'm re-elected next week), church, school/homework, dance (pointe and lyrical), and as much TV watching, texting, and Instagramming as I can squeeze in!






No comments:

Post a Comment