Saturday, June 2, 2012

St. Christy's Calving Center

I'm about plumb worn out.  My Holstein, Faith, is just about ready to pop.  We've spent several nights checking her every two hours.  The other night we watched Lonesome Dove all the way through AND worked on my 4-H record book.
Here she is in November.
This was just the other day.

She has a LOT of edema (swelling) just like a lot of pregnant ladies get.
I wish she would just hurry up and push out my little heifer!  I can't wait to meet her!  I've seen her wiggling on the ultrasound, and I saw her kicking my heifer's side, but she needs to get out here.  We need to get busy training!

I'm afraid she's going to calve when I'm not there.  This is my first heifer to calve.  I want to get it on film.  I've participated in a live birth before, but this one is special.

No comments:

Post a Comment