Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The reign of a Jr. Dairy Princess

Loading up for the 89er Parade 2012.
June 1st is the postmark deadline for the Oklahoma Ayrshire Breeders Association Dairy Princess applications.  With things being as crazy as they have been with animals and 4-H recordbook work, I was worried I might not make it, but I did.  Whew!

The application requires a series of answers to questions about your work with Ayrshires and your work in dairy/breed promotion.  Most of the application is a hand written essay about your experiences with Ayrshires and your plans for the future.

I have been selected as the Oklahoma Ayrshire Jr. Princess for the past two terms 2010-11 and 2011-12.  I think I have a really good strong application again this year, but I am not counting on anything.  No matter how good you are, there is always someone that's better.  So either I will be re-crowned or I will give up my crown to a new Jr. Princess.  I won't find out until they announce the winners.

The winners (Princess and Jr. Princess) will not be announced until the Ayrshire Dairy Field Day on June 12.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment