Monday, June 25, 2012

PART 5 By special request: WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN THE SHOW IS OVER?

So we've finished a stock show.  We've loaded up, gone home, and unloaded.  Yes, there's still more to do.

Just like a lady scrubs off her makeup and washes the hairspray out of her hair, dairy cattle need some cleaning up, too.



The topline adhesive needs washed out.   I use Hocus Pocus.  Work it through the topline and rinse out.

Your animal's hair is very short now, and she is likely to sunburn.  Put sunscreen on her.  Sun-Guard is what I use.  Re-apply as needed.
This is very important if you have two shows close together.  You don't want her peeling.  You sure don't want her sunburned and hurting while you're trying to re-clip her for the next show.  You wouldn't want anyone rubbing your sunburn over and over, would you?

I wish I could scrub my girls every week, but I don't have a proper place to do it.  I don't know about Ayan, but my heifers all seem to like getting washed and clipped for the most part.  Posey stamps her foot a lot.
Juicy gave a ninja kick to the side and got my mom above the knee just before the premium sale.  I think we were just brushing her off.  You just never know who is going to do what.  










No comments:

Post a Comment