Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Breeding breeding breeding

We took Ayan (Brown Swiss nurse cow) to my good friend Alan to get A.I.ed awhile back.  I've got an appointment on July 6th to see if it took!  I'm praying for it, and for it to be a heifer...of course.  We're taking her for an ultrasound at Cross Country Genetics.  I can hardly wait!






Juicy (Brown Swiss heifer) should be coming into heat in the next day or so, and she will be A.I.ed too.  It's hard for me to believe that she is already old enough!  In my mind she's about the size of a six month old, but she's over a year old now.  She dwarfs the other heifers in the pasture.

Posey is due the first week of August.  I'm nervous.  Really excited, but nervous something will go wrong.

I've raised Posey since the day she was born.  It took a long time to get her bred.  She was one failure away from visiting a bull.  This calf has been a long time in coming.  I keep praying that everything goes beautifully, just like it did for Faith and her little Fara.

No comments:

Post a Comment