Sunday, March 18, 2012

Scary surprises

Animals are unpredictable, and no matter how gentle they are, you just never know when they are going to lose their minds or do something stupid.

One day last summer, I was spending the day with my grandmother while my mom was painting the school.  Late in the afternoon, MawMaw took me to do my chores, and we got a terrible scare.  Posey had decided to try to jump a barbed wire fence into the neighbor's pasture.  She didn't make it over.  She got high centered.
June? 2011


By the time we showed up, she had stopped struggling.  It was over 100 degrees, and who knows how long she had been there.  I was so scared.  Luckily the school is within two miles of Windy Hill, and my mom came a couple minutes after I called.  Even luckier, Corey, the yard man just happened to stop by.  He let the wire down and helped me back her off the fence.

We were worried about dehydration.  We don't know how long she had been there or how much she had had to drink before she got hung up.   I didn't know how the heat and the lack of water could hurt her.

In addition to her health, with her being a show heifer, I was obviously afraid that she would have terrible scars.  She was cut clear up on her sides...places that really show.  We broke out the NU-STOCK and packed each and every one of the ten thousand cuts with the paste, and prayed she would heal right.

We had a happy ending.  Posey healed up.  Her health was fine.  She has no visible scars today.  In fact, she had no visible injuries by show time, and she won Champion Jr. Ayrshire at the Tulsa State Fair!

God is GOOD!  He let us find her in time.  He sent help to get her off the barbed wire.  He let us find a great ointment.  We prayed real hard over her, and He heard our prayers, and He blessed her healing beyond belief.  GODBLESS DAIRY ENTERPRISES...every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment