Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Regulating Diet

                              
You can't have a quality show animal if you let her become a "Fatty Patty" (or a "Fatty Maddie"!)  Just like I would eat a whole box of Lucky Charms cereal in a day, my heifers would eat as much grain as they could get a hold of. 

Luckily, my mom just has to tell me not to eat any more, but with my girls, I have to chain them at their own separate feeders until they have both eaten all of their grain portion.  If I let one of them loose before the other finishes, they will help themselves to an extra serving.  If I don't chain either one of them at all, they spend half their time running back and forth between their own feeder and their friend's.  What a mess.

We give custom grain types and portion sizes to maximize development and growth.  If you don't control consumption, the rest of it won't make any difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment