Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"It's just a cow project." unkind : (

I'm going to pout a little now.
: (

On February 21st, I got up at 5:15 in the morning (a full hour before my normal time.) I scrubbed myself squeaky clean, put on a pretty skirt, sweater, footless tights, and flats, braided my hair in a fancy over the shoulder dutch braid, and headed off to the Regional Science Fair! I had my folding display board, my research paper (in a fancy plastic binder), and my high definition looping slideshow on my MacBook. I studied my presentation in the car on the way to school, and I had my act together. Good grief! I even used hairspray this morning!

All this preparation, and then the judges came around. I did not get to give my presentation; they only asked me a few questions, and one woman, who was walking around with two other judges,  when she saw mine she said, (OUT LOUD) "Oh, it's just a cow project."
Hurtful!!!

It was not JUST a cow project! It was a carefully thought out topic that was researched and tested.


Because each of my animals has its own customized diet, I have to chain them up until they are all finished eating. Sometimes they eat fast, and sometimes they eat slowly. So I started wondering what would make the difference. This summer at the Sooner State Dairy Show in Stillwater, the temperature reached 114 degrees. The cows just weren't eating right.  So I decided to use that as my inspiration for a Science Fair project.

"...just a cow project" my foot!

Read all about it in my other post!


No comments:

Post a Comment