Friday, July 20, 2012

Shopping...showgirl style!


May, June, July is usually the time when I would make last-minute decisions about changes in my show line-up.  This year is the same.

I got a call from my breeder that he was ready to thin out some of his heifers.  He had several breed options for me.  He said he knew I was like him and "appreciated diversification" in my herd.  So my mom took me to do some "shopping" at his farm.  We looked at lots of heifers, and we even looked at some cows that I could potentially get a calf out of this next go around.

We thought we were going there to buy one new addition to my herd...but I found THREE!!!  After a lot of conversation and a lot of thinking, I ended up with two of the three.  We thought I had better save some of my money back to use for entry fees.

I ended up with two Jerseys.  Never in a million years did we think we were going to haul home two Jerseys.  We were thinking Guernsey or Milking Shorthorn for my next purchase, but I bought Jerseys!






Carmelita is a yearling.  Stop and Stare is just a few months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment