Monday, March 18, 2013

The Best Grandparents in the WORLD!


It has been MUD SEASON here for a bit.  If our boots were any looser, we would lose them in the muck.

My Holstein has been so dirty, I didn't even think she would come clean for the show.

But all of that has changed.

While I had my girls at the county show,  GrandDad and MawMaw loaded up the tractor and hauled it to Windy Hill and cleaned out both of my heifer pens.  GrandDad ran the tractor and MawMaw opened and closed the gate for him to take the loads out to the pasture and fill holes with them.  MawMaw got cleaned up and came to the show, but GrandDad kept working.

The truth is, GrandDad can't come to my shows.  He gets so nervous for me that he gets sick...even before he gets there!  Earlier this year, he thought he was okay and made it as far as the garage before he had to turn around and go back to the house.  MawMaw had to go on without him.  So we understand how he feels, and we feel bad for him, but it's sweet that he cares so much!

So my pens are clean, and it's all thanks to MawMaw and GrandDad.  What a wonderful surprise when we unloaded from county late that night!




No comments:

Post a Comment