Monday, March 18, 2013

Premium Sale 2013


County is the only place that dairy can go and potentially get in a premium sale in our state.  My county only takes one dairy heifer.  They don't allow us to show our cows.

I have shown for four years, and the last two years, I have been blessed to win Grand Champion.  I have also been blessed to receive the highest bid in the premium sale.

Last year, my MawMaw and GrandDad and one other anonymous person bid $4100 on me.  This year they let us know that they couldn't give as much as last year, which is totally fine.  Anything is more than what I had before.  What we didn't know is that they also got a second major donor AND the Co-Op threw in $100.  This year I received the high bid of $5100!  The grand champion beef steer usually brings about $2500, so that is AMAZING!

I was also given $50 from John Vance Motors.  I picked it up on Wednesday after school.  It is usually $25 that they give out, but this year they said that if we picked up our money Wednesday through Friday, they would DOUBLE IT!  You bet I got there the first day it was offered!   I've also got some money coming from the booster club.  It's around $200.  Then I think I get an additional $100 for having a Grand Champion,  and maybe I'll get some add-on money from other various people if I'm lucky.

It doesn't seem real.  I guess it will when I get all the money in my hand.  Wow!  What a blessing!


No comments:

Post a Comment