Monday, March 18, 2013

Getting ready for the spring show at county


WEDNESDAY
Bleach scrub brushes and pack them
Hook up the trailer to be ready to go in the morning
Pack Orvus soap
Pack waterproof boots and waterproof overalls
Pack blizzard proof overalls and coat
Pack lots of gloves
Set alarm for 5:00

THURSDAY
Leave house before 6:30
7:00 Load animals at Windy Hill
Unload/unhook at Ag Farm by 7:30
Mom drops me off by myself to wash until the others start showing up.
***My plan was to wash my girls in order:  Juicy, Carmelita, Prim, Stopnstare, Fara, but when Ms. Jennings got there, we divided up jobs as a team:  2 washers, 2 blowers, 3 clippers.  So I washed everybody's animals.  (It finally got above freezing after noon, and she sent me in the concession stand to warm up for quite awhile.)  I did good.  My mom was AMAZED at how clean I got Fara.  Every place that was supposed to be white was BROWN.  She didn't think it would wash out, but it did!
Sweep hair clippings
Feed
Water
Clean out all crap and straw and shavings from gooseneck trailer
Load county supplies
Break down clipping chute
Load straw, hay, showbox, and clipping chute in my personal trailer
Take trailer home to drop off tomorrow

FRIDAY
6:30 drop off trailer at fairgrounds and lock the tongue
by 7:00 feed and water at Ag Farm
Go to school.
3:15 feed/water

SATURDAY
7:30 feed/water
8:30 load animals
9:30 be at fairgrounds washing
Make beds
unload supplies
dry off animals
watch for poop
3:00 check papers/superintendents break classes
Begin toplines at 1:00 (Didn't happen because pig show ran over 3 or more hours.)
Toplines at last minute, trying to get animals to the ring on time, and dairy superintendents.

Dairy show starts at 5:00


UPDATE

- not really, it started at 5:30.
Sweet success!
All five of my girls won their classes.
Then they got:
Holstein breed champion.
Jersey breed champion.
Jersey reserve breed champion.
Brown Swiss reserve breed champion.
Ayrshire reserve breed champion
My older Jersey, Carmelita, won GRAND CHAMPION which is the only dairy heifer they allow in the premium sale.
At the last minute, I also chose Carmelita to use for showmanship.  (I did NOT practice her up special.  I did that with the younger Jersey.)  WE WON!!!  It was really cool because it is the 1st Dairy Showmanship contest that the county has allowed us to have.  So now I can say that I won the very first one!

This was the BEST SHOW OF MY LIFE...SO FAR!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment