Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Premium Sale!

Okay so, county was a couple months ago, and I just now realized that I never posted anything about it!  The kicker is that I think this is the best year ever in my showing career!!! I got  reserve breed champion Holstein, breed champion Ayrshire, breed champion brown Swiss, and..... SUPREME FEMALE with the Swiss!!!!!  (and I only showed three animals!)

Our county only accepts ONE dairy heifer into the premium sale, so this was the first time I've ever made it! It was so exciting.  We were nearly last to sell that night. The auctioneer was laughing and joking with the crowd that night, so when he started off at $1000 and a bidder immediately raised it to $2000, I thought they were just fooling around and the auction would start in a few minutes when they were finished goofin'...but I was wrong.  They just kept going!  Finally he said, "SOLD!!! $4100!!!"  My eyes were as big as dinner plates!  Later I found out that amount was just an outside bidder.  It didn't include the $950 that I was getting from the Booster Club OR the add-on money that friends and businesses had contributed to the pot!

I've got plaques, ribbons, money, and a giant trophy!  WooHOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment