Saturday, May 5, 2012

Dairy Promotion

Dairy promotion is another of the things I do.  I promote the breeds, and I promote lowfat dairy as a part of a healthy diet.

My booth toward the end of the day.  (This table started out PILED FULL of stuff!)
I am blessed to be supplied by Susan Allen from Dairy Max!  She makes sure I have all sorts of pamphlets, cookbooks, and other hand-outs for my booth where I promote dairy.




Friday, May 4th was the most recent event for me.  It was the Living Healthy Fair.  My friend Betty Thompson was there. (You might know her as Miss Oklahoma and First Runner-Up to Miss America!)   I think it's cool that her  campaign platform was "Milk:  It Really Does a Body Good."

The event started at 8:30 A.M. and lasted until about 2:00.  During that time, approximately 770 people came through and stopped at my booth.  I visited with ages ranging from Pre-K to adult.

Overall, I would say this year's fair was better than the last.  I talked to people about lowfat milk as part of a healthy diet.  I gave away refrigerator magnets reminding people to Fuel Up with lowfat milk and get physical exercise for 60 minutes each day.  I also gave away coloring books and posters and zipper-pulls and buttons and bracelets and pencils and stickers and pens and stress balls and cookbooks and
milk mustaches!  Whew!  What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment