Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July Activities


4th of July is busy for me.

The fourth is my "half-birthday".  We celebrate it every year instead of my actual birthday because I was born 10 just days after Christmas, and people don't come because it is so close to the holidays.  So we celebrate my real birthday with just my parents, and then we celebrate with everyone else on my half birthday every year.

There are also festivities in Crescent.  There is a parade.  I represent the breed as Jr. Princess.  My friends get to see me looking all girly.  I throw over 1000 pieces of candy.  (That makes a lot of little kids happy.) 

Afterward, everyone goes to the city park.  I sell sweet tea and lemonade.  It's freshly made and ice cold! 

I also sell squares on the Bessie Bingo card to raise money for our 4-H and FFA programs.  I get to walk all over the park for that part of the job.  For Bessie Bingo we draw a ten foot by ten foot grid of 100 squares on the ground and stake it off with t-posts and ropes.  We sell squares on the card for $1.00.  When we sell the whole card, we bring "Bessie" in.  Bessie is any sweet, tame cow we have on hand.  Whichever square she drops a patty on is the winner of $50 cash!  We sold three or four cards through the day. 

 This year I also helped run the kiddie game.  This raises a little more money.  There are different games that we do different years.  Sometimes its a fishing game.  This year it was a penny toss.  Three different sizes of plates or bowls.  Depending on which size container your penny lands in, determines which prize you get.  Guaranteed winner every time.  

My mom is with me /not with me.  She is at the next booth over with the Booster Club selling the last of the bass boat raffle tickets.  We work until after dark.  Then I get to go watch the fireworks at the baseball field, and she helps tear down the tents and load up the trucks.  When the fireworks are over, we go unload all the stuff at the Ag Building, and then go do regular chores.

It was a good night.  We made around $230+ for our organizations.  I think Booster Club made over $2500 for our new stock trailer fund.  We REALLY need a new bumper pull trailer for the program.  I think we're really getting close to getting one!

It was a really busy day, but it was also very productive and profitable!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment