Saturday, February 9, 2013

Is that legal?


My family and I got a real shocker the other day.

We went to our first Brown Swiss Association meeting.  While we were there, they announced that I would be their new Jr. Princess for the year.  I didn't even apply.

We are finding out that each association in our state picks their princesses differently:
Ayrshire is an application and essay process; Jersey youth nominate and vote, just like you would for class officers; and the Brown Swiss officers choose the royalty themselves.

I told them that I'm all ready Ayrshire Jr. Princess, but they said, "That's okay.  You'll be going out soon, right?"  Then they crowned me and gave me my sash and flowers.

Left to Right:  Me, Jr. Princess and Reanna Reedy, Princess


So, that's how I came to be a double princess.  I guess I won't be sending in my application this year to the Ayrshire association, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment