Monday, October 15, 2012

"MawMaw, I..."


Last year I slept most of the way home from the Tulsa State Fair.  My grandparents had to bring us our truck because my mom drove the school suburban to and from the fair.

When they woke me up to get into our truck, before I even opened my eyes, in a soft sleepy voice I said, "MawMaw, I beat the Van der Laans..."  We still joke about that.  We probably always will.  I don't remember if we've told the Van der Laans this story before, but I'm sure going to try to remember to.  I think they will think it is funny, too.

It was a really big deal to me.  Ever since Posey started showing, the Van der Laans have had an Ayrshire that looked like it could be her sibling.  Its name is Raimie, and it has ALWAYS come in ahead of Posey...until the Jr. show of 2011.

Now it will start all over again.  They will compete against each other as cows.  Raimie had a calf quite a bit before Posey, I think.  I wonder what they look like compared to one another.  They are both at the same dairy.  (It's an Ayrshire dairy for the most part.)  It's also the same dairy that owns Faith, now.

P.S.
Darned ol' Raimie beat Posey AGAIN at the Tulsa State Fair!  Maybe next year.  We will never surrender!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment