Monday, October 15, 2012

Breeder EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!




Some people memorize all the plays of football games.  Some people memorize sports statistics.  One of my friends (my breeder) memorizes genetics.

He can tell you the line and lineage of all KINDS of dairy animals and other species, too.  He reads sire directories with even more enthusiasm than I read Seventeen Magazine!  Mom says he is like the "Rain man" of breeding!

He's done all kinds of things for me and other dairy kids.  He's stood in the freezing rain loading/unloading animals.  He's waded in mud-barefoot!-up past his shins.  He's driven a million miles.  He's picked out super deals for me when he could've kept them for himself.  He's done every round of A. I. my animals have ever needed.  He's told me what kinds and what portions of feed to give.  He's spent all day walking across wheat fields looking at heifers in the freezing wind.  He's told us how to order semen.  He's taught me about A.I.ing.  He's taught me how to train my animals.  He's made arrangements for selling and purchasing at the sale.
and, and, and, and!

I am SO blessed to know him!

Alan Jennings, you're A.MA.ZING!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment