Saturday, April 20, 2013

Countdown to CUPCAKE


My Jersey, Carmelita, is due to calve around April 11th.  Her udder is starting to BLOOM.  Her baby will be CUPCAKE...unless I change my mind again.  I'm hoping that little Cupcake will be as big of a blessing as her mother.

I bought Carmelita with some of my premium sale money from last year.  I was not in the market for a Jersey.  I thought I was going to buy a Brown Swiss or a Milking Shorthorn.  Instead, I bought TWO Jerseys.  The little one got Reserve Breed Champion at the Oklahoma State Fair, and Carmelita got Grand Champion at our county show.  Grand Champion is the only dairy heifer allowed in the premium sale.  She brought $5100 plus some booster club money plus some add-on money I also don't know the amount of.

OH! I almost forgot!  When I bought Carmelita, he A.I.ed her, too, but he used conventional semen because it was a freebie, and we're getting a heifer out of her anyway!  So it's like I bought one, and got one free!

So I think it's around two weeks from now that little Cupcake will make her debut.  We are praying for protection, an easy delivery with no complications, and great strength and health for daughter and dam.

Godbless Shebull Cupcake!

No comments:

Post a Comment