Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Howdy and a Hi Hi!

My family and friends call me MaddieMoo because of my LOVE for dairy! I am a 4-H dairy exhibitor right smack dab in the middle of the great state of Oklahoma. I've been in 4-H for three years, although I had been IMPATIENTLY waiting to turn nine so I could JOIN 4-H since I was FOUR!

I've requested GODBLESS as my prefix for my animals because I've been blessed from the start. I was given an Ayrshire heifer as a gift to get me started. If that hadn't happened, I don't know what my life would be like today.

Since that first heifer back in 2009, I have since expanded my herd. I was given an opportunity to purchase a Holstein, a Brown Swiss heifer, a Brown Swiss nurse cow and two beef calves to put on her, one bull and one heifer...and the herd KEEPS expanding! The Holstein is going to have her heifer in June, and the Ayrshire is going to have her heifer in August! WOO HOO, BABY!!!

As you can see, I keep pretty busy with my animals...and would you believe it if I told you I live in TOWN? Now don't tell anybody this, but my first two calves...we snuck them into our neighborhood in the dark, and I raised them in my GARAGE for the first four months or so!  Yeah, that's right, IMMA REBEL!!! (Hey, I didn't want my babies to catch pneumonia!)  I don't know how many laws we broke doing that, but I'll tell you more about that another day.
Until next time!
-MaddieMoo

2 comments:

  1. MaddieMoo we are sooo proud of you and all of your accomplishments! Mrs. Cooper CMS gooo Tigers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Like and comment away!!! Tell your friends and God Bless!!!

      Delete